Monday, August 30, 2010

happy birthday to me!

turning 56..you have got to be kidding me! my mind is saying to my body...slow down, wouldya! and my body is saying "do ya think if i  had any control over this, i would choose to look like this?"  i am now in the "late" side of 50's....WTF! i never in a million years thought i would be here...well...honestly...i didn't want  the alternative, but who woulda thunk as much as i hate the physical aging process...i absolutely love the mental age. I'm still so young and stupid, but i'm so much smarter and mentally healthy. who could ask for anything more. Except maybe a few more thousand dollars for some body lifts!!! here's to aging...you have no choice...but how great do you feel!

7 comments:

  1. ugh...i hear ya...late 50's sucks...but we DO have more smarts than others...the one positive in this ever aging life of ours

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear friend...having just recently turned 40 myself...I get it. It's all relative, but I will say this, I have this new found "I could really care less what anyone else thinks of me" lease on life, and I love it! My boobs are another year lower, but you know...I COULD REALLY CARE LESS WHAT ANYONE ELSE THINKS! See that?! You are one of the hottest and fiestiest almost 56 year olds I've ever known! BRING IT! That's what I say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ordered a cocktail at Legal Seafoods tonight, and the waiter asked me for my ID. I almost fell over laughing! Happy b'day, Jaime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JUST REMEMBER: GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! Here we go again. But, the bad thing this year is that I am sitting right next to her for training so I have to hear about it every few seconds. So, I think I should actually get the gifts this year since I have to put up wiht her (address all gifts to my attention). Someone please help me & get me out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Rekha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just turned 50 in April. It was the worst EVER, and that's not even counting the 12 smashed bones in my face that required surgery while I was still 49, just to haul in the Grand 50 with nerve damage. And I thought 40 was horrendous. What I wouldn't give to go back for an instant replay.

    ReplyDelete